Allison Foltz Milmoe is an award-winning Bay Area art director and graphic designer with over 16 years of professional experience in retail, marketing, editorial, custom publishing, and digital design. Clients cover a vast range of industries from sports, health, and celebrity news, to travel, finance, and consumer goods.
With 14 years of hiring talent, Allison has an extensive worldwide database of photographers and illustrators and has directed dozens of studio and location shoots, collaborating closely with editors, stylists, producers, and designers. She also has a knack for editing down thousands of images to find the perfect lead.
Allison maintains a connection to the analog world of craft through calligraphy. You can check out her work at The Ginger Pen.
In addition to a weakness for all things mid-century modern, heirloom tomatoes, and the japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi, Allison also loves tacky refrigerator magnets and reality tv, but don't tell anyone.
AIGA Portfolio Day, Reviewer. San Francisco, 2007–2016.
AIGA Compostmodern, Event Committee. San Francisco, 2008–2009.
Postive Focus: Center for Emerging Photoartists, Guest Critic. New York, 2006.
Deadline Club Awards (Society of Professional Journalists), Judge.
New York, 2004.
• Sephora VIA Award for outstanding teamwork
• Folio Awards: First Place for Best Feature Design
• Society of Publication Designers
• Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles
• Art Directors Club of Metropolitan Washington Annual Show
• American Graphic Design Awards (5)
• Portfolios.com Award Show
• HOW Books, Colossal Design: 379 Inspiring Designs with Stories Behind the Concepts
• HOW Magazine International Design Annual
*Your information will never be shared.